BiblioCommons is an innovative social discovery layer for public libraries, that combines powerful search and account management capabilities with a revolutionary social sharing and discovery platform.
About the BiblioCommons API
The BiblioCommons API enables library partners to integrate data from the BiblioCommons system into their website and other applications. For example the API can be used to feature a collection, or a list created by library staff.
Follow the steps below to get started with the BiblioCommons API:
- Register for an API account
using your official library email account — gmail/hotmail/agency-associated accounts will not be approved for API keys as the API and BiblioCommons' support of it is strictly for library partners – if at a library hackathon, please mention the hackathon name in your registration/application details.
- Get an API key for your application.
(You are actually requesting approval here: You will get a key right away, but it won't work yet. You will get 403 Developer Inactive until your key has been manually enabled based on email address provided — see above.)
- Browse the API Documentation. Try our new Interactive Documentation. (it automatically builds valid requests with your API key if you're signed in!)
- For updates, subscribe to our developer blog.
- Questions? Join a discussion in the Forums.